Moving Safely with Edwards
Moving House in 2020
Since the housing market reopened back in May Edwards Removals have been busy moving customers safely throughout London and the rest of the UK. Now, as winter approaches so do uncertainties surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic.
Removals can continue across the UK and within local lockdown areas, as long as all recommended precautions are taken. At Edwards we take the safety of our staff and customers very seriously, we continue to follow the public health guidelines for the removals and storage industry and have strict procedures in place for all of our services.
Our Covid-19 Safety Measures
- Please ensure there is a designated sink at your property for crew use only. All our crews also carry hand sanitiser.
- All customers (unless medically exempt) must wear face masks when interacting with our crews. Due to the physical nature of the work the crews cannot always wear masks.
- Crews will not be able to accept refreshments on move day.
- Individuals with coronavirus or members of their household should not leave their property. This includes to move house, even when they are contractually obliged to do so. Please make us aware as soon as possible if you have or suspect you have Coronavirus.
- Please make sure properties are well ventilated with all windows and internal doors left open.
- Please tell us if you are shielding or clinically vulnerable so we can ensure additional protective measures are in place for the survey and removal.
- We ask that there is no more than one customer present on move day.
- All customers must practice social distancing throughout the move and maintain a physical distance (where possible) from the crew.
- Please make sure there are no pets at the properties on the day of the move.
At Edwards we will be continuing to ensure we move our customers safely while offering an exceptional level of service. To book your survey or enquire about a removal please call us today on 020 3124 1839